The New Reality of Financial Aid Solutions
November 8th, 2017 • National Research Center for College & University Admissions (NRCCUA®)
At first glance, one might think that financial aid solutions should satisfy three essential requirements: allow students to apply for, track, and receive funding. The reality, however, is entirely different - the world of financial aid (FA) is very complicated, given emerging elastic academic models and broad and varied funding sources. In essence, financial aid is rapidly transforming from a problem that administrators need to solve, to a strategic capability deployed by institutions to benefit administrators, advisors, institution leadership and students. Any FA solution worth considering must, therefore, handle this complexity focus on the all-important contemporary learner.
This webinar shares the findings of our recent report on this area and present how Vocado, one of the report's top vendors, is responding to the challenges of this ecosystem.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- What shifts are taking place in education models and how must FA solutions support these shifts
- Where many FA solutions struggle to respond to these shifts
- What it means to have a “Student Centric” financial aid solution and why this is important
- How technology can be deployed to broaden student access to a variety of funding sources — How this drives down student debt and reduces institutional expenditures on financing student education
- How student finance systems can improve seemingly unrelated metrics like student retention and success